Shortlist Email this job
Secondary Maths Teacher (Middle School and High School); Costa Rica; July/August 2018 start
This position is for a private, international, English-speaking, IB-accredited, AASCA-accredited, AdvancED-accredited, and coeducational school (preschool-Grade 12) in Costa Rica. The school is committed to providing a nurturing and inspiring environment, fostering compassion, and instilling a life-long love of learning. It offers challenging programs that help foster critical thinking skills as well as the students’ intellectual, physical, and emotional development, as well as encouraging them to be knowledgeable of their own cultural and to have an awareness and appreciation of global differences, understanding the need of collaboration to ensure the welfare of all.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience (particularly of higher-end math).
- Must be versatile in teaching middle school (Algebra 1) through high school AP Calculus.
- IB experience is preferable.
- Master’s degree is preferable.
- Certification or degree in the subject area.
- Strong preference for candidates from other Latin American countries, particularly Central America or Mexico.